Saturday, July 20, 2013

November 2012

Homecoming
This year was Tiger Band Alumni Band's 30th birthday.  Over 300 alumni
participated in AB this year, by far a record.  It was a lot of fun
(although I know how much we used to make fun of the aluminum band)
and I wish some of my other friends (ahem, Andrea) would participate.
We did the practice, they dedicated and broke ground on the new
memorial or whatever it will be on the hill going down to field from
Brooks, had lunch with Andrea and her family and I think we headed
downtown after that.  Met up with Dave's old girl friend (the last one
before me...who in fact is now with a woman and having a baby.  Then
we headed to the game (which was not memorable).  Its all about the
whole experience.  Going on the field is always fun.  and it's been
awhile since I've played my trumpet.  I really need to find a
community band or something to join.  I miss playing.  Well...one of
these days!  Homecoming was fun and EVERYONE WINS! (BTW, these were the pictures that gave me reason for running info later)









Dave's birthday
Sad to say, I don't remember what we did for Dave's birthday.  It's
not on facebook, nor here, nor my calendar.  I'm sure we went to
dinner or something.  Since we went to Jamaica this year we decided to
go easy on other holidays, etc for ourselves.  Sad to say, this is it
for his bday.  That's what I get for not keeping up with the blog.
One casualty down.

Thanksgiving
Again, no idea what we did for Thanksgiving this year.  We ate with
family, that much I know.  The USC game  was that weekend and my mom
kept the kids so that I could go (I think-my memory really is
horrible...Andi did you ever find a cure?) I enjoy Thanksgiving and we
have much to be thankful for, but it's not my favorite holiday.  I do
miss Thanksgivings at my grandmothers house.  She was the best cook.
I miss her so much!!  So, here's a second blog casualty down.  Better
keep up better next year!!

Started running again
Well, not much to say other than I was sore for awhile.  I hate
starting back.  I historically have a runners crash after a big race
where I just stop all together, rather than just taking a short
(read-week long) break.  Something I wish I didn't do, but there it
is.  Hey, at least I'm back on the horse again!


Here are some other pics from November.







0 comments: