We went to the Peace Center to see Chicago on Friday. Our weekend started by dropping Gretchen off in Newberry (half way point). My mom met us and my parents hung out with her for the weekend. We had date night Thursday (sushi!!) and Chicago on Friday.
I was prepared to be wowed, but unfortunately was not. Maybe my expectations were too high. Might could be, as Don would say...but I don't think so. The music was good, don't get me wrong. No problem with that. The stage set up (or whatever the theatre people call it) was blah. The band/orchestra was in a big box, stadium seating style. The acting/dancing/etc happened in front of it. That was it. They brought out props etc out for the different numbers, but I just expected a better back drop or set up. The choreography left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. Maybe we've seen the movie too many times. Oh well. Better luck next time (South Pacific)!
My expectations exceeded the experience, but overall it was entertaining.



3 comments:
When I found out Chicago was at the Peace Center I was so upset not to have tickets... but if it didn't fulfill your expectations, I don't feel so bad!
Glad it was a good time, regardless!
That is the exact way it is set up on Broadway. I actually saw it (with Samantha Harris) when I was up there a few weeks ago (before I knew it was going to be in Greenville). The set was nothing spectacular I agree. (and YUM sushi!)
I went on saturday and loved it - but it was the second time i'd seen it so i knew what to expect. i think kevin would rather have stayed home for a nap :)
Post a Comment