Monday, February 16, 2009

Long train

January 19-Feb 1

We went snow skiing at the end of January with Gresham (thanks Mom for watching G!) and when we came back I piled all our snow stuff in the laundry room. Gretchen wandered in there (even though she knows she doesn't belong in there) and pulled some things out and put them on!

Gretchen has "special snack" most Friday afternoons. Parents sign up to bring every few months and our turn was coming up on her 18 month birthday. I wanted to do a cake, even if it wasn't her real birthday-still a milestone I think. Then I got froggy and decided to make it from scratch including the icing. Mom brought up a cake pan she used for us when we were kids and I got to work. Here's the finished product. Looks ok...not like the picture though. Turns out it didn't taste too good either. And to boot, I made it on the wrong week! Ended up just making cookies (not from scratch) for the snack...and they enjoyed them just the same :)

Mommy bought an exercise ball (no comments from Dave, Don, etc here) and Gretchen wanted to sit on it. We brought out her little kick ball and it's just the right size! Now we can't find the blooming thing (hers not mine)



Feb 1 - today

Mommy, I can do it!

Getting first hair cut...well, sort of

We decided to get a trim for Gretchen and since we were going to Clemson anyways to get Dave's cut. She didn't want to sit by herself in the chair; she didn't want to sit in Daddy's lap; she did sit on his shoulders and hold on to the "handles" We just trimmed a little off the back. She won't let me put bows in her hair to hold it back, so we had to cut a little of the front too. Not a big difference, but I think it looks better.

Before


During


Wadda think?



Just a few more...

She's found the (sorely in need of a tuning) piano.


Likes to dress up.


I just love onesies!


6 comments:

Peg and Don said...

Too cute! Thanks for the update!
Peggy

Andee said...

onesies are so cute!

Meredith said...

Claire also has that green striped oensie and it is one of Dans favorites.

Gretchens hair cut looks great! She is getting so big

Lauren P said...

That cake looks fabulous! Too bad it didn't taste as good.

Peg and Don said...

Great pictures. About time you did a post with some pictures. And about that ball... well, I'd better not, huh? At least not here... Hahaha...

beth ewing said...

that's a serious update! cake looks adorable and i'm impressed even if it didn't taste great.