I know I said I was doing the Greenville Triathlon August 17. That's true, but I decided to do a "test" tri Saturday in Union. It was "supposed" to be "shorter" with a 300 yard swim, 12 mile bike, and 3.2 mile run. It turned out to have a 14.5 mile bike ride. What's 2.5 more miles you say? It makes a big difference in the overall time. I finished in 1:47:20. Long time, but I finished. I wanted to see how things go and what I can improve before the Greenville tri. A friend from work went with me and Dave came along to take pictures (and drive our tired behinds back home!). Here are the pictures for your viewing pleasure:
Before we begin...
Leaving for the ride...
Coming back from the ride...
Leaving for the run...part 2 done...
Coming in for the big finish...
Yay! We finished!!!



5 comments:
Congratulations on your first one... I know you were tired, but I'm sure you feel like you've really accomplished something after all the training you've done.
Congratulations Becky - that is awesome!
Ok, I've been wondering. Is it as hard to run and bike in your wet swim suit and I think it would be?
i am very proud of you... i would love to do something like that.
maybe one day soon.
keep up the good work.
Congrats Becky! You did good! How far are each of the legs of the Greenville Tri?
Post a Comment