Wednesday, July 16, 2014

May 2014

May was a busy month, beginning with Pelham Road Elementary School Spring Fling, Sealed Air picnic, and Camden Community Band Concert.

More meetings on the bath project, dance, birthday parties, children's choir, training for spring triathlon.

This was just after a brick...Dave's first
I took my bike to get something repaired, Gretchen went along and bike shopped while we were there.


Mother's day, honestly no idea what we did this year.  I probably went shopping cause that's what I like to do :)

BMW Charity Pro AM
Dave volunteered again this year for the pro am and was in charge of scoring.  Maybe it was in charge of mobile scoring.  I'm not really sure, but they apparently have these mobile devices that keep track of scoring for the tournament.  He took a week of vacation off to do this, and had a blast.  He didn't work on the final day (Sunday) so we took the kids.  Who takes 3 very loud kids to a game like golf (in the rain might I add)??  We do.


This is the kids playing Birdie Ball, kinda a practice thing but the kids loved it. 


For Christmas last year, my gift was Phantom of the Opera.
It was amazing, one of the best theatre shows I've ever seen and we had great seats.  Dave spoils me!


Children's choir spring musical
Gretchen's children's choir spring musical was Jonah's druthers. Here's a description I found online.
"Jonah, the prophet of Israel sends and receives telegraphs to and from the Living God on behalf of the people, and all is fine, until the Lord tells him to go to that "dirty, rotten, flea-bitten foreign city called Ninevah!" So, wouldn't ya' know it, instead of boardin' the east-bound train to Ninevah, Jonah hops a west-bound stage to Tarshish! Jonah confesses that he is running the opposite direction from what Jehovah instructed him, and he is thrown off the stage and lands in a . . . well (say it with yer best cowboy twang!). No, not a whale . . . an old, abandoned well, where he languishes for 3 days and 3 nights. And . . . you know what happens from there!" Source
It was cute.  Gretchen really gets into the movements and all that.

Dance recital
Dance recital time is hectic and fun.  Made more fun because both girls were dancing this year.  They both did ballet and tap, and all 4 songs were to Disney songs.  Funny enough :)  They did beautifully but being backstage for 4 songs was nuts.  Glad we bought the DVD so I could see the rest of the songs!




Dave's accident
Dave had an unfortunate car accident where he was rear-ended which made him run into the back of the car in front of him.  No one was hurt, but Dave got checked out anyways.  His car wasn't technically totaled but insurance thought so.  So now we have a new(ish) car payment.


This was the guy who hit Dave.

This was the car Dave hit.

New truck


Spring Tri
I enjoy doing the sprint triathlons around town.  Last year I missed out so this year I decided I wanted to repeat a tri to see if I have progressed in my tri skills.  I completed the Cleveland Street YMCA tri back in 2009.  And Dave said he wanted to do one last year and never trained, so this year we worked on it together.  I beat my time by just a little.  and that's ok.  It was a lot of fun and I finished strong.





1 comments:

Allison said...

5 years older... if you even matched your time, that's still really good!