Savannah does a little gymnastics
Once Savannah turned 3, we decided to give her a taste of gymnastics.
Also because Dave was out of town and I had all three at gymnastics
for Gretchen anyways. She loves it of course. We are taking a break
from everything this summer but I'm sure we will pick it back up in
the fall.
This is how pictures go in our house...
This just makes me laugh.
Dance recital
Memorial Day brought on Gretchen's dance recital. Kinda sucks that
they take up a holiday/long weekend, but at least we could recoup on
Monday. The dance recital is fun and exciting, much more than it was
last year. We knew what to expect more and knew what to do.
Gretchen was more interested in watching the dancers, and I think the
music and the dance was better than last year. She was so cute in her
costumes. It was weird seeing her in make up though. It really does
me one look older. I hope we can put off that as long as possible.
She did great and of course I think she was the best in her class!
The make up really kinda freaks me out, but her hair was cute.
No idea where this pose came from, but she really liked it.
See? Here it is again.
Um, this is totally my face.
:)
Burnt out. Hand in the snacks.
These two girls were in her dance class last year. This is so cute, they didn't plan it, just randomly posed like this. Adorable.
Field day
Who doesn't remember field day? It was fun back in the day, so when we
realized Gretchen's was coming up, both Dave and I took off work so we
could go. The games/relays/races were about the same, but they
competed within each class rather than with their whole class. We all
had a good time.
Who doesn't love a little chicken dance!
Biltmore race
Beth swindled me into signing up for another "distance" race. Last
year we were at Biltmore visiting and we must have seen a sign about
the race, so when we started training for the DC race, we signed up
for Biltmore. Jenny, Beth and I drove up Saturday afternoon. Oh
yeah, that morning was Jenny's race in Six Mile, It was a 6 k which
was fun. My knee was kinda jacked but over all it was fun. Actually
placed 2nd in my age group, and I think Beth was 3rd. Not so much for
the Biltmore race though. We stayed at a Hilton (I think, Beth?)
right near Biltmore. Race day was cloudy with a chance of rain and
very humid. The race was hilly. That is all I have to say about
that. and it rained. My knee hurt from mile 2 on, and by mile 4 I
felt like I had a rock in my shoe. I stopped at a shelter area to
check, and nope, it was blisters :( My time at that point was really
great, considering the first half of the race was so hilly. and I
must have outdone myself because at mile 7 I hit a wall. Between my
feet and knees my average time dropped significantly. Those last 2
miles are probably the hardest I've ever run. I made it, though, and
finished about the same pace as the DC run, even though my average
about mile 4 was about a minute faster. I know this post has mostly
been a whiny complaining one, but it was a beautiful course and I'd
probably run it again, when my knee is better. This is my last
scheduled race, so hopefully I can recover my knee.
Dave goes to Wisconsin
Dave's next trip was to Watertown, Wisconsin. Kinda sounds like a
place where crazy stuff happens. They had network problems, storms in
the area that knocked out the phone lines and all kinds of other work
related problems. Without going into too many details, one of the
guys working with him had some problems and needed to go home (to
China). so Dave helped him, which was fine. But what happened was I
lost communication with Dave that evening and by about noon the next
day still hadn't heard anything. I've never had a situation where I
coudln't get a hold of Dave in one way or another, so I panicked
(because of the situation, again, not many details) because while I
didn't think he was in a dangerous situation, you never know. But it
all turned out, but it was a very stressful 24 hrs for both of us. He
was able to fly home earlier than expected, for which I was very
grateful. and the guy made it back to China ok.

























0 comments:
Post a Comment