Beach!
Finally! We get to go to the beach! The kids love the beach and
Savannah has been begging us to "go to the beach with the surf
boards." We got a couple of old boogie boards at a yard sale in May
and around that time they started watching Lilo and Stitch. What a
cute movie. So the girls think they are surf boards. So cute.
Hilton Head is BUSY around the 4th, but if you know that ahead of time
and plan accordingly, you can avoid most of the crowds. We took a ton
of food with us and didn't have to fight the crowds. We went to South
Beach for the fireworks. It's close enough that we can see the
fireworks, but not close enough to have all the noise. It was great,
for a little while. Then Ben decided he had enough. and
unfortunately, I didn't bring the stroller (b/c we were on the beach)
so I had to carry him what felt like a mile back to the van. He weighs
at least 32 lbs and is solid. By the time we got off the beach he
stopped screaming, so that helped. The whole trip was great, went to
the beach more than the pool, which is opposite from last year. Love
going doing there! Can't wait to go back.
He poured this on their heads. Love that kid!
took back roads all the way home. Which is pretty cool when you aren't
in a hurry (which we weren't). It's somewhat sad to see some of the
towns and buildings that are dilapidated and it makes me wonder how
they got that way. There's always a story.
Dave goes to Brazil
5 days after returning from the beach, Dave left for a work trip to
Brazil. Sigh, I don't know single parents do it. Actually I do.
They do it one day at a time. and have help. and pray. A lot. I
tried to plan stuff so they kids kept busy since it's raining like a
freaking monsoon.
A little vinegar (food coloring) and baking soda...
Art work
Ring toss
Jewelry making
Nap time (thank you Lord)
Hand print art
Just hanging out :)
After that I think we just hung low for the last few weeks of July since August is always crazy.































0 comments:
Post a Comment