Thursday, March 07, 2013

July 2012

July 2012

The end of June and beginning of July had a rare gathering of friends at Chateau Elan.  We all got pampered at the spa (I see a trend here, I love going to the spa!), had a wine tour, dinner and general fun! (Andrea, yes I DID post that picture! good thing the blog is private ;)  The hotel did think it was a romantic group, and had the bed all set up. lol  I remember I was still nursing and had to pump and dump.  I was also training and brought my bike.  I was crazy enough to get up the morning after all that to ride and then run.  Got it done though :)







For the 4th of July we went to my family's lake house.  I love this pic even if it's blurry.

Next came the Girls only Triathlon put on at the GHS Life Center.  (wow, this post is mostly about me...) Dave came and took a bunch of pictures, but I'll spare you those.  It was my only tri of 2012 and it felt good.  The swim and run went well, but the bike route was hillier than I had trained.  Loooong hills up, and it was an out and back course so we had to do them twice!  But overall it was a fun one. 

Some pics of the kids, love this onesie.  Benjamin started crawling on July 6, of course to my mom!
 Gretchen's school trip to the zoo.  I was surprised it got so close
Got our boat working for a few minutes, but then it died so we got on the pontoon



We took Gretchen shopping for her K5 book bag and lunch bag.  and goofed off..



The end of July saw me flying to Toronto for a work meeting.  We did work in spite of what you may hear Dave say.  One of the girls we work with up there has a family lake house as well.  It was a very cool place.  Here was the view the morning we left to come home.  It was breathtaking.  and so were the water temperatures.  It is the warmest time of the year for them, but to us, it was freezing.


This is what it looks like in the winter.


0 comments: