Saturday, November 12, 2011

The rest of October

We visited family.  This is my dad's mom.  She's had rheumatoid arthritis since I was 5 or 6 and one of the people I admire most.  Not so good pic of Ben, but he was not quiet a month old here.
 My mom entered her completely hand made cathedral quilt in the state fair.  She didn't win, and was disappointed it was folded in this case instead of being hung up with all its glory.  But on the bright side, the case was right as you walked in so everyone saw it.  It took her 5-6 years to make.
 I tried my hand at canning.  I still have a lot to learn, but they taste great.
 I went on a field trip with Gretchen's class to Fishers Orchard.  The kids got a small bag of apples and a small pumpkin to take home.  They also had a tractor ride and maze as well as petting bunnies and feeding the animals.  Gretchen also dresses herself these days, and has for awhile.

Benjamin all dressed up.
 Halloween was fun and I am loving Pinterest



 Somehow, I'm not even sure a professional can get these kids to sit still...and look at Savannah's alfalfa!
 Savannah started having sleeping problems/nightmares.  We tried several things that were not so successful

and ended up with this.  So cute, it matches Gretchen's bedding.
 But mostly, it looks like this.  They've been sleeping together since the 3rd night.
I went to the Biltmore Estate with Beth.  We hauled Ben and Oliver in the carriers and had a nice time.  It was a beautiful day.  Love the reflection picture!

 Sweet sleeping baby
Cheryl and I getting ready for Christmas
 And that just about catches us up.  Hope you enjoyed that!  I'm just glad I am able to scrapbook on the blog :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I love Savannahs bedding, it's really cute. And how sweet it is that they are choosing to sleep together - love it!

Andee said...

The same thing happened with my girls..... :-) sisters are great.

You look fantastic by the way!