(kinda feel like Andrea today)
I was Insulted yesterday for going back to work after having kids.
Yes, Really. And it made me Mad, though, as I usually do, I kept my mouth shut and didn't respond.
Come on! You don't know my situation on why I went back to work. Maybe I had to. Maybe I wanted to for my kids sake. Maybe I wanted to for my own sake. Some people are great staying at home and others do not. I'm not saying whether I'm one or the other. In 2002, only 7% of households were the traditional fathers brings home the bacon and momma stays at home. (Ref) The labor force participant rates in married mothers of infants are higher among white, non Hispanics with bachelor's degree or higher; and it also increases with the age of the mother. (Ref)
All that to say, these days it is not uncommon for women to work after having kids.
Geeze lady, keep your opinions to yourself.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
REALLY?
at 12:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
somewhere along the line, women decided to no longer look out for each other but instead to judge each other. it's awful. i mean it happens with natural birth v. epidural (or c-section), breastfeeding or not, attachment parenting or not, stay at home mom or not, homeschooling or public school...and the list goes on. how about what is best for me and my family may not be what is best for someone elses family. you should have told her it was none of her damn business!
Maybe you should have told her that you went back to work to keep your mind and body fresh and refreshed so you wouldn't have time to notice or be concerned with what others wete or were not doing. Or you could have looked her right in the eye, rolled your eyes while shaking your head in a "no" motion , and just uttered "go to hell," then walk off. Problem is, she wouldn';t have understood either. But you'd have felt better!
Geez.
You should've told her to take off her shoes and get into the kitchen.
Post a Comment