Long time no blog huh? I remembered I never posted on the bridge run. We had a great time! Dave, Gretchen and I traveled down to Charleston Friday night and had dinner at my aunt and uncle's house. My cousin was keeping Gretchen during the race so we left her there and went to our hotel. Rising early, we met up with friends from work (people from both our work places) and family, the race started at 8 am. Dave finished in 54 minutes and I finished in 1:09. I was pleased. I ran the whole thing and I have come to a conclusion...no marathon for me. Six miles is as far as I need to run. After the race, we met up with my parents (who ran as well...finishing at 1:12 I think) and my aunt and cousin (walking it 1:30?) and the girls from work. Lunch, rest, shower, then dinner and going out like we haven't done in a long time followed. We had a great time!



Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Long time a-comin
at 10:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
At least try a half-marathon, then you can decide not to do a full. :)
Linda and Sylvia are CLEARLY sisters!!! Wow!!! I knew they resembled each other but they could be twins!
Aw, don't write off a marathon yet. Honestly, my fav distance in the 10 miler or half marathon. You know, once you do 7 miles, 6 will feel like nothing, and so on. It just builds on itself. I can remember a time when I never thought I would run more than 3 miles! But I've done 2 10 milers, 2 half marathon, and a marathon.
Marine Corps Marathon registration opens April 30th!
Yay you! I'm so proud of you that you ran the whole thing. I would have taken 2 running steps and then said Nope! I'm walking! So, this is wonderful.
Post a Comment