Yeah, yeah. It's been a long time since I've posted. I've started going to the gym; probably 3-4 times a week, which cramps the time I have at home, which cramps the time I have for extra things like checking email and posting. Email is getting piled up. I didn't know how much crap email we get. When you check it ever day it doesn't seem like that much, but when you go several days...wow.
Let's see...
January. We all got sick. Gretchen had her first ear infection (double to be exact. I turned a year older. That's pretty much January for us. We did go to Camden one weekend and had a nice time visiting. I have a great family! Here's a picture of my mom and Gretchen at dinner:
We also went to the beach (first time since last July):
See Peg and Don's blog for the good pictures and other things we've been up to.
Gretchen is such a wonderful baby! She is so happy! At daycare yesterday when I picked her up, Dina (one of the worker bees) pulled me over to where she was sitting. There was this kid sitting next to her (they were in exersaucers) screaming and squealing. She told me Gretchen was giving him a look like WHAT are you screaming about? She's such a good baby! February 6th she was 6 months old. We've done the cereal thing and are on to food. She likes everything we've given her but the applesauce. We'll try again in a few weeks. At her check up she weighed 16.9 lbs (67%), was 25.75 in. long (48%), and her head was in the 11th percentile. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about the head thing, but it sort of worried me. She also had pink eye. Lovely right? Now Dave has it, but at least they are both on eye meds. I've been washing my hands and wiping everything down trying not to get it.
Gretchen is such a wonderful baby! She is so happy! At daycare yesterday when I picked her up, Dina (one of the worker bees) pulled me over to where she was sitting. There was this kid sitting next to her (they were in exersaucers) screaming and squealing. She told me Gretchen was giving him a look like WHAT are you screaming about? She's such a good baby! February 6th she was 6 months old. We've done the cereal thing and are on to food. She likes everything we've given her but the applesauce. We'll try again in a few weeks. At her check up she weighed 16.9 lbs (67%), was 25.75 in. long (48%), and her head was in the 11th percentile. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about the head thing, but it sort of worried me. She also had pink eye. Lovely right? Now Dave has it, but at least they are both on eye meds. I've been washing my hands and wiping everything down trying not to get it.
What else? Dave got a promotion. It's still with Sealed Air/Cryovac but now a project manager rather than technical analyst. Congratulations Dave!!
He's been working on our backyard recently. We had this brick pathway that went from one side of the house to the other. Dave (and Peg and Don) pulled up the bricks last weekend. Dave's been planning out what to do with the bricks. He (or we?) will be putting in a brick patio next to our deck giving us a larger entertaining area. It will be really nice once it's finished!
I reached my goal of nursing for 6 months. The supply started going downhill when we got sick mid-January and the last time I nursed was last Thursday. My left side hasn't gotten the picture yet though...it was leaking this morning. (maybe that was tmi...oh well!) Gretchen is doing well on the formula, which is great, except for the fact that formula is expensive. I'm glad I nursed as long as I did. Thanks for all the bags Beth! They came in so handy!
My mom is still doing chemo. Her cancer isn't growing, but it's still there. The type of cancer she has will always be there, but it's a matter of how much and if it's growing. Please pray for her as she and my dad go through this tough time. She goes to chemo every other Thursday and it puts her down for a few days. She's keeping Gretchen this weekend and is thrilled! (no chemo this week of course) We are going skiing this weekend (Thanks G for the info!) and I cannot wait!
Ok, here are a few more pictures and I'll be done:
We went to Sams (got a business membership-whoo-hoo!) and Gretchen rode "up front" for the first time!
This is where she started out last night:All on her own!
These jeans are so cute, I had to post them!

Happy Valentines Day!
Happy Valentines Day!



3 comments:
Gretchen is so cute! Becky - I think she looks so much like your mother! And, of course I love the picture of her in the Clemson shirt....she seems to be extremely happy while wearing that shirt. She already has good taste! :-)
Congrats on making it 6 months nursing! That's where I eventually ended. As for formula...if she likes it....at Sams Club they have their own brand that is only $20 for the big can as opposed to $30 for the big can of enfamil or similac....just FYI :-) Elaina doesn't seem to care one way or the other so it's saved us a lot of money.
She's so cute. We have the same high chair that you do!!!
Post a Comment