Sunday, June 24, 2007

Weekend and Update

We had a really nice weekend. Friday we went to dinner with a few of the people from out of town who works with Dave. Luke and Kate are from New Zealand and Robbie is from Australia. We went to Barley's downtown, ate outside and then went upstairs for pool, shuffleboard and foosball. Then we came home and watched Patch Adams. I haven't seen that movie in a really long time! Saturday, I painted more in the baby's room (no it's not finished so you can't see it!) and I can't remember what Dave did. The afternoon was spent at Kris Carroll's 30th birthday party. Kris's parents live across from Peggy and Don (Dave's parents), and Kris, Beth (his sister), Dave and Dan all went to school together. We had a great time! Peggy and Don both had their cameras (Peggy got a new one for her birthday) so of course they got pictures! Here's just a couple. I haven't seen the rest, I just stole these off their blog!

After the party, Dave and I went to a birthday dinner for Stephanie Darnell, another friend. She's 22 so happy birthday Steph! Sorry, no pictures. Then we came home and watched Fletch, another movie that we haven't seen in awhile. Sunday we slept in (Saturday pretty much wiped me out). I painted another coat in the baby's room, did laundry, and took a 2 hour nap while Dave worked on some electrical stuff, read the newspaper, and cleaned the master bath. Yes, he did! Isn't he great!! We went to Peggy and Don's for a swim in the pool (or rather, Becky had a swim in the pool while Dave sat in a chair and had a beer). We had leftover pizza from Barley's for dinner and came home. I finished up laundry while Dave put another coat on the baby's room (you'll see why it took so many coats when we're through!). And now it's almost 11 and I need to go to bed.
Oh, and the update: I went to the doctor last Thursday. Everything is fine. I am having the swelling that is normal. Sometimes it's worse than others. Friday night when we got home from Barley's my legs from the calf down were huge and my toes looked like Vienna sausages. The more I'm on my feet the worse it is, but almost beating Dave at pool was worth it. Yes, I said almost. I had him beat until I scratched on the damn 8 ball. Oh well, maybe next time! If I get more pictures from Don I'll post those later. Hope you all had a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Becky, you look so cute in that top. Sounds like the baby's room will be really brightly colored.

beth ewing said...

you look great. i feel for you with the swelling. i had to be pregnant in 85 degree weather for my whole pregnancy. but i'm sure the last 3 months in the SC heat and humidity is the worst. have you gotten cankles yet?

Dan said...

Where's a pic of Norm MacDonald? And That's News To Me!

Lauren P said...

Yea for belly shots!!!