For those of you who don't know, my mom was diagnosed May 2003 with stage 4 colon cancer that had metastetized to her liver. She went though colon surgery and chemo and some other stuff and is doing great today. Every year since my parents and others have participated in the Relay for Life at Lugoff-Elgin High near Camden where they live. It usually starts at 7 pm on Friday night and ends Saturday morning at 7 am. People walk all night and money is raised for cancer research. Here are a few pictures from this year. (my mom is in the red shirt in the middle)
L to R: Kneeling: Rebecca Brenner; Front Row: Dan Graham, Nancy Brenner, Linda Graham, Lib Fender (my grandmother), Aunt Barbara and Uncle Alan; Middle Row: Jim Brenner and Larry Graham; Top: Becky and Dave
This was the beginning of the relay.
Each sponsor is recognized.
This was taken around 7 am. Rebecca has just finished 105 laps, or 26.2+ miles!








1 comments:
Your Mom looks GREAT!!!! Your Dad, well, not so much... He just isn't my type and I think I'm not his type either (and those are good things). I'm impressed with all of you walking from 7 PM - 7 AM, regardless if you made it all night or not. It's all I can do to stay awake from 7 PM - 11 PM.... Hehehe...
Post a Comment